Clinical Pilates is a specific training program designed by physiotherapists to develop and improve muscular control of the spine and pelvis through specific functional movements. The primary focus is to optimise muscle recruitment and efficiency during functional tasks to reduce pain, improve movement and promote a strong and healthy spine.
All of our Pilates Therapists are qualified in DMA Clinical Pilates, a scientific and evidence-based form of Pilates training endorsed and accredited by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Clinical Pilates is highly effective for:
- Spinal pain prevention and management
- Sports-related strength and conditioning
- Rehabilitation post-surgery or traumatic injury
- Osteoporosis and arthritis management
- Balance retraining
- Antenatal and postnatal fitness
- Injury prevention for athletes and sports people
- General fitness and muscle toning
Your physio will begin with a thorough clinical assessment followed by individualised reformer-based sessions. When appropriate, patients are then progressed onto floor-based exercises or small group classes. Home or gym-based programs can also be developed specifically for you.