Sports Physiotherapy is the specialised branch of physiotherapy which deals with injuries and issues related to athletes and sports people at all ages and in sports at any level of competition. The high level performance and demands placed upon athletes' bodies can stress their muscles, joints and bones to the limit.
Our team will help athletes recover from sporting injuries, and provide education and resources to prevent problems. Our physios have sport-specific knowledge that addresses acute, chronic and overuse injuries. We use the latest evidence-based practice, skilled assessment and diagnosis of sports injuries, and use effective ‘hands-on’ management techniques and exercise protocols to assist recovery and prevent injury.
Our sports physiotherapy programme may include:
- Mobilisation of joints
- Soft tissue techniques
- Exercise prescription for the prevention and rehabilitation of injury
- Taping to protect joints and injured tissues or enhance performance
- Biomechanical assessment of movements
- Techniques to assist in recovery from training and competition
- Retraining to prevent recurring injuries.